Underleigh House is actively working to increase the usability of our website by complying with many of the current accessibility standards and guidelines.
Underleigh House is committed to ensure an appropriate accommodation service for prospective guests with disabilities. Due to the layout of Underleigh House, we lack facilities for guests with severe mobility limitations but we are trying to make our house as accessible as we can. We welcome any enquiries from guests with disabilities so we can discuss their needs and all reasonable attempts will be made to meet these.
- Staff trained under Welcome Host and Welcome All Schemes
- Staff in possession of Disability Discrimination Act Awareness Certificate
- Enquiries and bookings using BT’s Typetalk service are welcomed from the hearing impaired. (E-mail and Fax are also alternatives.)
- Assistance dogs welcome in ground floor rooms
- Building has current Fire Certificate
- Fire alarm is audible only
- Emergency information can be communicated verbally on request
- Copies of all public transport timetables are available
- The nearest train station is Hope (2 miles from Underleigh House). Guest collection can be arranged
- The nearest bus service is 1 mile from Underleigh House. Guest collection can be arranged
- A list of local taxis is available
- Assistance with luggage is offered
- All rooms have remote control TV (with ceefax/teletext)
- All rooms have tea making facilities with cordless kettles
- All rooms have raised wall sockets as well as at skirting level
- All rooms have telephones
- Mobile phone coverage is adequate for most networks
- Our breakfast menu and guest information can be provided in large print and/or described verbally
- A variety of dietary requirements can be catered for with advance notification
- A designated guest fridge is available for medications/insulin/special foods etc
- People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen
- People allergic to cat/dog fur should be aware that there are family pets on the premises
Access to main House
- Plenty of parking available, surfaced with gravel, immediately in front of the house
- The ground floor entrance, dining room and guest lounge areas are level throughout apart from a single step within the guest lounge
- Garden is easily accessible via 1 step
Access to Bedrooms
- All bedrooms – except Townhead Garden Suite – are at first floor level and are accessed by a flight of 14 stairs.
- Townhead Garden Suite is accessed internally from the guest lounge via 3 steps (with handrail on one side). Alternatively, access to its private lounge can be gained via 2 steps directly from the car park. In addition, there are 3 steps (with handrail on one side) leading from the private lounge to the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom has a walk in shower with a tray height of 6cm. Bathroom fittings are standard. There is a wall mounted hand/grab rail within the shower.